Car detailing is an excellent method for removing dirt and contaminants from a vehicle’s exterior and interior. For car owners, car detailing is a great solution for maintaining the appearance of your vehicle. But what does car detailing involve? How long does it take? What products should we use to get the best results? Read this article by the team at HydroSilex to find out more about how to detail your car like an expert!
What Are The Steps Of Car Detailing?
Individual auto detailers have different methods, but the overarching objective is to clean every surface and crevice of your vehicle thoroughly. Let's start from the outside.
Exterior Car Detailing
Before applying a protective layer, such as a sealant or ceramic coating, a qualified auto detailing service professional will remove dirt from the vehicle, such as tar and iron.
- Rinse and dry
Hand washing and drying are required. The detailer will spray and wipe the outside of the car using specific cleaners. The rims, door handles, and glass must be cleaned by hand.
- Clay Bar
After a thorough cleaning, a clay bar removes any leftover pollutants, stains, or residue. Claying produces a smoother, cleaner surface and improves the effects of an exterior wash.
Typically, a vehicle's appeal diminishes over time. Polishing the paint and exterior of your car extends its life and improves its aesthetic appeal. Polishing is required between washing and coating as part of the automobile detailing procedure. When done correctly, it restores the brilliance of the original paint.
See more: BENEFITS OF EXTERIOR CAR DETAILING
Interior Car Detailing
In addition to external detailing, interior detailing is required for a full finish. Polluted air can spread bacteria throughout a vehicle's interior. Typically, interior detailing demands more time and work than its outside. Here's how it works:
To remove debris, vacuum the seats, carpets and mats, headliner, cargo area, and trunk.
- Scrubbing and Brushing
Scrubbing and brushing may remove stains from the floor, carpet, and floor mats of a vehicle, as well as other filthy areas.
- Steam Cleaning
Essential for removing stubborn stains from carpets and chairs is steam cleaning. The steam cleaner is an important component of the cleaning process since it can clean nearly every surface within the interior.
- Glass Cleaning
As part of any car cleaning routine, the windshield and glass must be cleaned to remove grime and enhance the driver's field of vision.
See about: HOW MUCH IS CERAMIC COATING FOR CARS?
How Long Does Car Detailing Take?
The time necessary to detail a vehicle depends on the detailing services you select. A short exterior detail may take two hours, while a thorough exterior treatment could take two days. If you're wondering why detailing times might differ, it depends on the tasks that must be completed.
The time it takes to detail a vehicle depends on the services you want, the vehicle's size, age, and condition. If you detail your car frequently, each service will be completed in less time. If you detail your vehicle less regularly or travel more miles than normal, anticipate the service to take longer.
The Top Products For Car Detailing At HydroSilex
Plastic And Interior Leather Cleaner
HydroSilex Interior Cleaner is a very effective cleaner for plastics, leather, and vinyl interior surfaces. Our interior cleaner is a potent mixture that removes even the most stubborn stains, filth, and buildup from your vehicle's inside. A specifically formulated mixture that makes cleaning your car's interior a breeze!
- Effective cleaner for all interior automobile surfaces
- Compatible with all interior surfaces, including plastic, leather, and carpeting.
- Removes filth, oils, and the majority of stains
- Maintains uniform interior color and sheen
- Can be used as a preparatory step before applying for interior protection.
- Formulation devoid of both dyes and odors
- Restores the inside to its original finish
HydroSilex Ceramic Glass Cleaner is a highly enhanced, potent glass cleaning solution laced with SIO2. The solution effectively cleans your car's windows without leaving streaks. Our glass cleaner assists in removing dirt, grime, haze, and film from glass surfaces. Safe for interior and outdoor glass. The chemical composition also creates a protective SIO2 layer on the glass surface, which helps repel water and keeps the glass cleaner for longer.
- Streak-free performance
- Infused with SIO2 for long-lasting clarity
- Facilitates water and precipitation runoff from outside glass.
- Unaffected by tinted glass
- Outstanding for interior and exterior glass
- Makes window cleaning simple
Exterior Prep And Protection Kit
Exterior prep and protection kit consists of two types of products.
HydroSilex Recharge is our flagship product and the center of our entire product line. Recharge is the ideal ceramic coating for those who prefer to do it themselves.
- HydroSilex Recharge creates a protective surface layer that is water-repellent.
- Can be applied over ceramic coating to maintain the surface.
- Six months of protection with our ceramic coating formula.
- A Ceramic shield for your car's paint that replaces old wax and sealants.
- A safeguard against nature's harshest elements.
- Quick & easy application.
- Safe on all exterior surfaces- Safe on Paint Protection Film.
HydroSilex Surface Prep Spray ( Rewind ) is a wax and grease remover ideal to use before installing HydroSilex ceramic coatings. For the ceramic coating to bond appropriately, the surface needs to be clean of any wax residue.
- Safe and effective surface prep
- Removes oils from surfaces to be coated
- Leaves surface ready for coating
- Strong on impurities, gentle on paint
- Can be used as a standalone cleaner
Interior Prep And Cleaner Kit
HydroSilex Interior Cleaner & Protection Kit combines the most advantageous aspects of both worlds. We thoroughly clean inside plastic, leather, and vinyl surfaces, and our interior ceramic coating is designed to condition and preserve all interior plastic, leather, and vinyl materials. This package combines cleaning and protection into a single product.
- Great for Leather Seats, Dash, and Door Panels
- All the Necessities to Maintain a New Interior
- Protect Your Interior Against Untimely Aging
- Cleans Every Internal Surface
- Preserves Original Factory while boosting color, sheen, and gloss
HydroSilex is a one stop shop for high-quality car detailing products. Visit our website at https://www.hydrosilex.com/ to choose your products and check out your cart!