We can infer from the fact that you are reading this that you are either a car owner or a fan. Many individuals now think of automobile detailing and car washing as the same. When cleaning a vehicle, detail work takes things to an entirely new level. As the name implies, we at HydroSilex focus significantly more on the details to achieve a much higher quality final product.
What is the purpose of car detailing?
Car detailing is keeping your car clean and protected from the weather so that it always looks new. It's a lot more involved than a simple car wash.
At least two phases of pre-washing are required before we even touch the vehicle. The vehicle's exterior and interior are thoroughly cleaned during our full valet and detail services. Scattered stains, swirls, and swirls of dirt and other impurities can be minimized or eliminated with the help of a professional cleaner. Now, our auto detailers go through all the essential steps to make your automobile look like it has just rolled off the assembly line.
Once we've done a thorough wash, we'll have our detailing on the inside, exterior, and engine bays.
Also, quality cleaning chemicals are used to ensure that the leatherwork is cleaned to perfection. Air freshener and deep cleaning will also be applied to the carpets and boots. Likewise, we can polish and apply protective coatings to the outside to restore the finish and make maintenance easier.
Detailing a car is best described as a process in which a person with an eye for fine detail uses a wide range of materials and tools to thoroughly clean, repair, and protect the various surfaces of a car.
The procedures can be simplified by dividing them into inner and outside categories. This includes everything from the seat cushions to the upholstery to the carpets, the trunk lid, and the roof lining.
And exterior refers to the car's trim, paint (clear coat), lights, soft top roofs, and other exterior features.
Finally, the goal of exterior car detailing is to restore the vehicle's appearance. Scratches and swirls can be reduced or eliminated by sanding and machine polishing, as well as wash marring that is picked up at low-cost car washes and dealerships (always best to ask them not to wash your car).
Ultimately, using this method, you can bring the paint's depth and gloss back to its original shine and finish.
First, we rinse and then use Citrus Wash to get rid of bugs, filth, and the most stubborn of traffic film, followed by snow foam that adheres to paint and softens dirt like steeping dishes at home. Our store also carries a variety of pre-shampoo options.
We set to work on the wheels next using a variety of specialty brushes, gloves, and wheel-specific cleaners.
Finally, the exterior is cleaned using the 2-bucket procedure and dried with soft microfiber towels and wash mitts. Car washing kits can be found at the store if you'd like to have a look.
Clay bar treatment - Removes all traces of contaminants from your paint, resulting in a flawless finish, but it also leaves behind marring. Because of this, we only perform this procedure if we are going to use a machine to polish the surface.
Is your car in need of clay? Rub the paint with a sandwich bag in your hand. What's going on there? What you're feeling is a buildup of contaminants on your paint. The transformation is breathtaking once the polish has been applied.
Tar removal - Tar stains and other pollutants adhered to the paint will be chemically softened and removed, making them easily wipeable.
Fallout removal - To prevent further damage, this breaks down rust, making it safe to wash away. If you have a white automobile, you're more likely to see orange spots.
Removing blemishes, swirls, and other flaws with polishing
After the car has been cleaned and disinfected, it is time to polish it. It's an essential part of the process. Special polishing materials, machinery, and pads buff the car's exterior. Swirls, etchings, holograms, and more can all be erased or at least minimized so that an even finish can be achieved.
The quality of the paint determines how long the polishing process will take. Also, most new automobiles need minor touch-ups to eliminate minor blemishes and improve gloss, but even so, most need at least two stages of paint improvement: a heavy-cutting step and a refinement stage.
This is known as a "2 stage" paint enhancement. Even on the softest paints, numerous phases may be necessary, such as sanding for deep flaws or flattening, heavy cutting and multiple refinement stages. However, the results can be transformative and reinvigorate the owner's passion for their vehicle in just a few days or weeks.
Protecting your car from acid rain and UV fading are two of the most important aspects of this phase after polishing. "The self-cleaning effect" is one of the many benefits of using a protective coating.
To maintain the coating's impact for the duration of the coating's lifespan, regular maintenance is required regardless of how much easier it does cleaning. We, of course, provide post-treatment services and training.
For waxes and sealants, the lifespan might range from a few weeks to many months. Our ceramic coatings have a seven-year lifespan.
Moving to the Interior
Car owners sometimes overlook the interior of an automobile. It's here, though, that they make a critical error. This includes everything from stains and odors to food and drink remnants to perspiration and grime from shoes.
If you don't want to do it yourself, let us do it for you or utilize this tutorial to see if you can get it done.
Vacuuming and trash removal
To prevent valuables from being lost during the vacuuming process, we comb through the car and remove any light and loose debris we uncover.
We also encourage you to decide what you want to preserve and what you don't. Afterward, we remove all of the car's floor mats and thoroughly vacuum them.
Fabric & leather cleaning
The leather in your automobile, like the leather in your shoes, needs to be cleaned and cared for with the highest care.
We use steam and shampoo to remove dirt and grime from fabrics and carpets.
Cleaning of internal components
All hard surfaces such as the AC vents, dashboard, and other trim are thoroughly cleaned using steam and specialized cleaners and brushes.
Perfume's last touch
We'll finish by spraying an air freshener of your choice once we've completed a thorough cleaning of the interior and begun the drying process (we have a wide range in our store).
Interior parts can also be protected with additional solutions such as sealants and coatings upon request. It isn't easy to describe what it's like to pick up your car from one of our locations.
Also, it may rekindle your love for an old automobile or keep a new one looking like it just rolled out of the dealership, ensuring you never have to worry about losing your enthusiasm for driving it.
We've seen folks bring in a car to be cleaned up for sale to realize they'd rather retain it.
The obvious advantages of detailing
- The market value of a car is greatly enhanced by regular car detailing.
- For the owner, resale value can be maximized.
- It maintains the car's overall appearance and gloss.
- There is an increase in the automotive lifespan.
- In addition, driving makes you happier because you're having more fun!
The Best Products For Car Detailing at HydroSilex!
HydroSilex Ceramic Waterless Wash
HydroSilex Ceramic Waterless Wash is an advanced ultra-slick formula created to enhance your car detailing experience. The solution encapsulates contaminants with a slippery coat which allows dirt to easily be wiped off the surface without leaving micro scratches behind. Given the formula is ceramic-based, it makes for a great way to maintain surfaces coated with HydroSilex Recharge.
- SIO2-Infused - Ceramic Formula
- Leaves behind a gloss finish
- Works great as a quick detailer to wipe down a dusty car
- An excellent solution to maintain HydroSilex Recharge
- Can be used on un-coated, waxed, or ceramic coated surfaces
- Waterless washing or quick detailing
- Quick and easy way to wipe down your car without harming the paint
Plastic and Leather Interior Cleaner
HydroSilex Interior Cleaner is a very thorough cleaner for interior plastic, leather, and vinyl surfaces. Our Interior cleaner is a powerful formula that breaks down the toughest stains, dirt, and build up that occurs on the interior of your vehicle. A specially designed formula that makes cleaning the interior of your car a breeze!
- Effective cleaner for all interior surfaces of your car
- Safe on all interior surfaces such as plastic, leather, carpets, and more
- Removes dirt, grime, oils, and most stains
- Maintains all interior factory color and sheen
- Can be used as a prep product prior to applying interior protection
- Dye-free formula with an odor-free formula
- Restores your interior to factory finish
HydroSilex All-Purpose Cleaner
HydroSilex All-Purpose Cleaner is a technologically advanced all-purpose cleaner that blends powerful cleaning agents with a base that is safe to use on all surfaces. This very clever combination allows you to rely on HydroSilex All Purpose Cleaner for most cleaning tasks around a car, RV, boat, or home. Our formula is a ready-to-use mixture making it easy for you to use on-demand right out of the bottle.
- Powerful Degreaser to use on engine bays, wheel wells, exhaust tips, door jambs, and other heavy dirty areas
- An excellent option for cleaning dirt build up on your tires( instantly dissolves brown marks on your tires)
- Safe on paint, plastics, and metals
- Cleans, degreases, and decontaminates
- Use when you need something stronger than car wash soap
- Made in the USA
Wheel Cleaner and Tire Shine Kit
HydroSilex Wheel Cleaner is an advanced formula created to be effective and safe for all types of wheels focused on removing stubborn brake contamination such as metallic dust, grime, iron particles, and heavy buildup on wheels. The purple color change lets you know the product is hard at work cleaning your wheels. Simply spray it on, let it sit for about 2-3 minutes, agitate the surface and rinse.
- Safe on factory clear coated, factory powder-coated, factory painted wheels and high-performance brakes ( Do NOT apply to cars with Carbon Ceramic Brakes)
- A strong cleaner that breaks down iron and metallic buildup on your wheels
- Dissolves brake dust
- Color-changing formula
- Made in the USA
- Spray on - Agitate wheel surface- Rinse for the perfect finish
HydroSilex Tire Shine is an innovative tire conditioning and shine product. Slick offers long-lasting deep luster and smooth shine without the usual mess and sling. With unique color-matching technology, HydroSilex Slick darkens weathered tires to look brand new.
- Easy to apply
- Designed with no sling technology
- Silica-infused long-lasting formula
- Provides a deep and dark finish
- leaves the perfect finish that's not too glossy giving your tires a clean look
Exterior Prep and Protection Kit
HydroSilex Recharge is our flagship product and the center of our entire product line. Recharge is the ideal ceramic coating for those that prefer to do it themselves.
- HydroSilex Recharge creates a protective surface layer that is water repellent.
- Can be applied over an existing ceramic coating to maintain the surface.
- 6 months of protection with our ceramic coating formula.
- A Ceramic shield for your car's paint that replaces old wax and sealants.
- A safeguard against nature's harshest elements.
- Quick & easy application.
- Safe on all exterior surfaces- Safe on Paint Protection Film.
HydroSilex Surface Prep Spray ( Rewind ) is a wax and grease remover ideal to use prior to installing HydroSilex ceramic coatings. For the ceramic coating to bond properly, the surface needs to be clean from any wax residue.
- Safe and effective surface prep
- Removes oils from surfaces to be coated
- Leaves surface ready for coating
- Strong on impurities, gentle on paint
- Can be used as a standalone cleaner
HydroSilex Ceramic Glass Cleaner
HydroSilex Ceramic Glass Cleaner is a technologically advanced, SIO2 infused, powerful glass cleaning solution. The formula cleans your car windows very efficiently and streak-free. Our glass cleaner helps clean dirt, grime, haze, and film on your glass. The chemical composition also applies a protective SIO2 coating to the glass surface that helps repel water and helps keep the glass clean longer Safe on the interior and exterior glass.
- Streak-free performance
- SIO2 Infused for long-lasting clarity
- Helps water and rain roll off the exterior glass with ease
- Safe for tinted glass
- Excellent for interior or exterior glass
- Makes cleaning windows effortless
To keep our car in pristine condition, we need to apply proper care - especially opt for the accurate detailing products. HydroSilex offers high-quality products to bring your car in the best condition! Visit our website to choose the best products for detailing your vehicle!