Understanding the fundamentals of RV detailing
By frequently cleaning and polishing the outside and interior of your RV, you can ensure that it will always look its best. To help you get started, we've put together this guide to RV detailing and the tools you'll need.
Lastly, you'll be ready to hit the road once your vehicle is sparkling clean.
What is Included in an RV Detailing Job?
A thorough cleaning of the interior and exterior of your RV, as well as any necessary repairs, is known as "RV detailing." To put it simply, RV detailing focuses on your vehicle's tiniest elements. As a result, completing an interior/exterior RV detail requires numerous processes.
Following are the steps and tasks involved in RV detailing:
Exterior Washing - Dry and wet methods are both available for washing RVs. To avoid streaks, always wash and dry an entire portion at a time when using a wet wash. Again, be sure you're using the correct product for your particular style of RV siding before utilizing a typical RV washing soap.
Awnings - If you want to clean the awnings on your RV, you might want to use a cleaning product created exclusively for vehicle tops.
Also, these products are formulated to provide a deep clean while being kind to the paint and the fabric.
Roof Cleaning - In most cases, the bottom-up approach is taken to detailing. Whether you have a rubber membrane-style roof, a fiberglass roof, or another type of roof, you need to consider this when searching for the most effective cleaning products; And procedures for your RV roof.
Similarly, if your fiberglass roof has taken on a chalky or ashy appearance, you may require a powerful cleaning. Also, fiberglass roofs are susceptible to oxidation.
Bug Cleansing - When it comes to bug splatter removal on your RV, the more you wait, the more difficult it becomes.
You can use a chemical bug remover, an automobile washing mit, or a cleaning solution made from dryer sheets and water to eliminate bugs. In addition, to avoid more stubborn bug splatters, regularly wash and wax your RV's front bumper.
Interior Detailing - At a minimum, RV interior detailing includes the following tasks:
- Carpet and seat washing.
- Cup holder cleaning.
- Dash and crevices.
- Vent cleaning.
- Odor removal.
- Other things.
Waxing - You can wax your RV once it has been thoroughly cleaned. You can choose between a wax that requires a wipe-on and buff-off process or a spray-on and wipe-off process.
Prices and Options for RV Detailing
Both professional RV detailing services and do-it-yourself options are available. In either case, a few expenses must be kept in mind.
There are a variety of tools and cleaning supplies you'll likely need to complete the job yourself, such as:
- Sponges, and
- Brushes for basic cleaning,
As well as cleaning supplies for the roof, siding, and awnings.
You'll also need a hose-mounted foam gun for foaming, a power buffer tool for waxing, an interior shop vac or run shampooer, touch-up paint, and more.
Because of this, your first time detailing your RV will be the most costly. Aside from taking up more of your precious time, the "do-it-yourself" alternative also increase the final cost.
Furthermore, several variables affect the cost of a professional RV detailing, including the level of service, your location, whether it's only inside or exterior or both, and other aspects.
So, professional RV detailing expenses will be pretty high if you have a huge RV.
Also, self-detailing your RV can save you money and give you professional results if you are meticulous, physically fit, and have the necessary time and patience.
The Best RV Detailing Products At HydroSilex!
Detailing your RV can be a stressful experience if you're not prepared. However, the good news is that you can save time using RV detailing products that combine the cleaning and waxing stages.
HydroSilex Interior Cleaner
HydroSilex Interior Cleaner is a very thorough cleaner for interior plastic, leather, and vinyl surfaces. Our Interior cleaner is a powerful formula that breaks down the toughest stains, dirt, and build up that occurs on the interior of your vehicle. A specially designed formula that makes cleaning the interior of your car a breeze!
- Effective cleaner for all interior surfaces of your car
- Safe on all interior surfaces such as plastic, leather, carpets, and more
- Removes dirt, grime, oils, and most stains
- Maintains all interior factory color and sheen
- Can be used as a prep product prior to applying for interior protection
- Dye-free formula with an odor-free formula
- Restores your interior to factory finish
HydroSilex Interior Cleaner & Protection kit
HydroSilex Interior Cleaner & Protection kit combines the best of both worlds. A very thorough cleaner for interior plastic, leather, and vinyl surfaces, and our Interior ceramic coating is designed to condition and protect all automotive interior materials such as plastic, leather, and vinyl. This kit makes cleaning and protection a one-stop-shop.
- Great for Leather Seats, Dash, and Door Panels
- All the Essentials to keep your interior looking new
- Protect your Interior from Premature Aging
- Cleans All Interior Surfaces
- Maintains Original Factory Sheen and finish while enhancing color
- Gentle on your interior, Tough on Dirt
- Made in the USA
HydroSilex Exterior Prep and Protection Kit
HydroSilex Recharge is our flagship product and the center of our entire product line. Recharge is the ideal ceramic coating for those that prefer to do it themselves.
- HydroSilex Recharge creates a protective surface layer that is water repellent.
- Can be applied over an existing ceramic coating to maintain the surface.
- 6 months of protection with our ceramic coating formula.
- A Ceramic shield for your car's paint that replaces old wax and sealants.
- A safeguard against nature's harshest elements.
- Quick & easy application.
- Safe on all exterior surfaces- Safe on Paint Protection Film.
HydroSilex Wheel Cleaner
HydroSilex Wheel Cleaner is an advanced formula created to be effective and safe for all types of wheels and focused on removing stubborn brake contamination such as metallic dust, grime, iron particles, and heavy buildup on wheels. The purple color change lets you know the product is hard at work cleaning your wheels. Simply spray it on, let it sit for about 2-3 minutes, agitate the surface and rinse.
- Safe on factory clear coated, factory powder-coated, factory painted wheels and high-performance brakes ( Do NOT apply to cars with Carbon Ceramic Brakes)
- A strong cleaner that breaks down iron and metallic buildup on your wheels
- Dissolves brake dust
- Color-changing formula
- Made in the USA
- Spray on - Agitate wheel surface- Rinse for the perfect finish
HydroSilex All-Purpose Cleaner
HydroSilex All-Purpose Cleaner is a technologically advanced all-purpose cleaner that blends powerful cleaning agents with a base that is safe to use on all surfaces. This very clever combination allows you to rely on HydroSilex All Purpose Cleaner for most cleaning tasks around a car, RV, boat, or home. Our formula is a ready-to-use mixture making it easy for you to use on-demand right out of the bottle.
- Powerful Degreaser to use on engine bays, wheel wells, exhaust tips, door jambs, and other heavy dirty areas
- An excellent option for cleaning dirt build up on your tires( instantly dissolves brown marks on your tires)
- Safe on paint, plastics, and metals
- Cleans, degreases, and decontaminates
- Use when you need something stronger than car wash soap
- Made in the USA
HydroSilex Ceramic Glass Cleaner
HydroSilex Ceramic Glass Cleaner is a technologically advanced, SIO2 infused, powerful glass cleaning solution. The formula cleans your car windows very efficiently and streak-free. Our glass cleaner helps clean dirt, grime, haze, and film on your glass. The chemical composition also applies a protective SIO2 coating to the glass surface that helps repel water and helps keep the glass clean longer and safe on the interior and exterior glass.
- Streak-free performance
- SIO2 Infused for long-lasting clarity
- Helps water and rain roll off the exterior glass with ease
- Safe for tinted glass
- Excellent for interior or exterior glass
- Makes cleaning windows effortless