What Is The Best Ceramic Coating For Boats?
If you've ever spent time aboard a boat, you know that boats can be corrosive. Several things may harm a boat and make it look not very good. Maintaining a boat may be costly, but if you take the time to safeguard it, you can save money. Ceramic coating is a terrific product to protect your boat and preserve its appearance for many years. Learn more about ceramic coating for boats and the finest ceramic coating materials for boats available from HydroSilex!
What is Boat Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic coating is a relatively recent innovation in the marine industry. Ceramic coatings are transparent polymer coatings put over the existing paint job or bare metal on a yacht. The protective layer adheres to the underlying surface and creates a highly resistant barrier against UV rays, pollutants, saltwater, and freshwater. The ceramic coating adheres to the surface of your boat, making it simple to remove any debris, oil, salt, or saltwater that may come into touch with it. Ceramic coatings are also highly corrosion-resistant owing to their hydrophobic properties and ability to scatter water droplets.
Ceramic Coating Spray Vs. Normal Ceramic Coating. Which Is The Best One For Your Boat?
Each of these goods provides users with unique advantages. But which type of coating is the best option for you? It depends on what you want in an automobile ceramic coating product. Here are our recommendations for each customer type.
Spray Ceramic Coatings
Spray Ceramic Coatings are solvent-based sprays containing 10 to 14 percent SiO2 by weight. It is extremely simple to use; spray it over the surface, wipe it off with a microfiber towel, then turn the towel over to remove any residue.
These goods may be used as a ceramic coating "booster" to increase the durability of your nano-coating or as a stand-alone product. The hydrophobic characteristics may last for about one year. However, in most situations, users apply the product monthly or every few months.
How To Apply Ceramic Coating For Boats?
Boat ceramic coating consists of three stages to applying the ceramic coating. Let's take a look with HydroSilex!
Wash The Boat
This stage is to remove all the contaminants that stick to the boat's paint. After removing the dust and grime, we will dry the boat to get a high gloss finish for your boat.
Use HydroSilex Surface Prep Spray
Mix and spray the surface prep spray on the boat. Wait for a few seconds, and then we use the clean microfiber towels to buff the surface. This stage will remove any previous wax or sealant, which is safe on vinyl and Gelcoat. We go through the entire boat.
What Is The Lifetime Of Ceramic Coating On A Boat?
The durability of each coating varies. The coating's durability will also depend on how well it is maintained over time. It is advisable to clean the boat using a nonabrasive, high-foaming soap formulated for ceramic coatings. Additionally, we suggest applying Activate, a marine-grade silica surface spray, every three to six months to preserve the coating.
HydroSilex - Ceramic Coating Products For Boats
Marine Ceramic Coating
HydroSilex Marine is the premier ceramic coating designed to replace waxes and other sealants traditionally used on boats. HydroSilex Marine is intended for simple application and defense. Marine produces a protective layer over the paint that gives a nonstick surface, allowing you to keep your boat cleaner for longer and making maintenance easy.
- Guards all surfaces (Gel Coat, Paint, Vinyl, Chrome, Plastics, Glass, and more)
- Maintains your vessel's appearance of newness for longer.
- Prevents adhesion of impurities to Gelcoat.
- Simple spraying and wiping application (No dry time).
- Protection up to six months long.
- Eliminates the need to wax your boat ever again.
- NO Cure time may be applied and used immediately.
- Layerable for more excellent protection and longevity (no cure time between layers)
Surface Prep Spray
The HydroSilex Surface Prep Spray (Rewind) is a wax and grease remover appropriate for usage before applying HydroSilex ceramic coatings. For the ceramic coating to adhere well, the surface must be free of wax and any residue.
- Safe and efficient surface preparation
- Removes oils from to-be-coated surfaces and prepares surfaces for coating.
- Strong on contaminants and paint
- Can be used alone as a cleaner
HydroSilex Marine Kit
The HydroSilex Marine Kit contains:
- 16 oz Marine - HydroSilex Marine covers almost any surface type. It is simple to apply and, once dried, forms a clear topcoat that adds shine and protects against the weather.
- 16 oz. Rewind - HydroSilex Rewind is a wax and grease remover that is perfect for use before applying HydroSilex ceramic coatings.
- 16 oz. Silica Soap - Aftercare soap designed exclusively for HydroSilex ceramic coated automobile surfaces. It will revitalize your ceramic coating, so it seems as new as when it was first applied.
- Microfiber Towels, 10 Pack - Professional quality and intended to avoid scratching the vehicle's paint during usage.
Hydrosilex is one of the most prominent names associated with maintenance and cleaning. Similarly, technological advancements and the utilization of cutting-edge chemicals and equipment have enabled us to develop the ideal coatings and maintenance solutions. Your automobile could hardly ask for better protection.
Our Rewind Surface Prep Spray and Marine Ceramic Coating are among the best solutions with high quality coatings we provide for preparing the outside of your investment for subsequent layers. In addition, don't forget to check out our other goods created to make your boat look its best!