What’s the best way to remove dirt and contaminants that appear on your car's paint? Car detailing is a great method for cleaning exterior and interior surfaces. For beginners, it can sometimes be difficult to know where to start! What products should we use? What are the best techniques for detailing a car? Let’s find out more about the car detailing process in this article from the team at HydroSilex.
Car Detailing Tips For Beginners
Car detailing is a relatively simple process. However, even the process of washing a car has the potential to cause severe damage, if the proper procedures are not followed. However, understanding the required techniques and the most effective products is only half the battle.
If allowed to rest for too long, contaminants such as dirt, mud, road filth, bird droppings, insect guts, pollen, and sap will bond to a car's clear coat, causing damage. Do your best to remove these contaminants immediately so that your paintwork is not damaged. Here are some tips to get the best results from the car detailing process.
Never clean your vehicle in direct sunlight.
Most detailing products will function poorly in direct sunlight or on heated surfaces. Additionally, heat accelerates the drying of soap and water, forming water spots and streaks. We should do car detailing early in the morning or in shaded areas for best results.
Cross-contamination happens during a vehicle wash when the same products are used at each cleaning step. Therefore, use different supplies (towels, brushes, buckets, and water) for different purposes and areas of the vehicle. It is especially crucial to remember this while cleaning extremely filthy places such as wheels, lower rocker panels, bumpers, and exhaust ports.
Utilize the two-bucket method.
Using the two-bucket method is equally as important as emptying your water and not using the same towel or glove for every area to reduce cross-contamination. By having a separate bucket for rinse water and one for sudsy water, car owners establish a safe way for rinsing the soiled sponge between scrubbing, preventing contamination of the shampoo bucket.
Wash your vehicle from the top down.
Wash the vehicle from top to bottom, keeping the wheels and tires for last. Use a distinct scrubbing tool to prevent cross-contamination.
Use the proper materials and towels.
Acquire a suitable wash mitt and invest in a few soft microfiber towels for washing and drying your vehicle. These products will significantly lower the chance of scratching the surface.
See more: HOW TO DETAIL YOUR CAR LIKE AN EXPERT?
Top Products For Car Detailing
At HydroSilex, we have a wide range of high-quality detailing products that can help beginners to easily detail their vehicles.
Full Detail Kit
HydroSilex supplies the industry's most sophisticated DIY ceramic coatings and detailing solutions. Get our most popular detailing products, including Recharge Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Prep Spray, Ceramic Soap, Tire Shine, a pack of microfiber towels, and a Tire Shine Applicator. Complete detailing package for automobile enthusiasts.
- Recharge Ceramic Coating - HydroSilex Recharge is a durable ceramic coating that is simple to apply in your garage. It provides an extremely slippery surface that repels water and pollutants and lasts far longer than wax or synthetic paint sealants.
- Ceramic Prep Spray - HydroSilex Surface Prep Spray is a wax and grease remover appropriate for usage before applying HydroSilex ceramic coatings. For the ceramic coating to adhere correctly, the surface must be free of wax residue.
- Ceramic Soap - HydroSilex Ceramic Soap is developed to maximize the performance of your paint. Our ceramic-infused soap leaves a thin coating of sio2 that makes your paint more water-repellent (hydrophobic).
- HydroSilex Tire Shine is a revolutionary tire conditioning and polishing treatment. HydroSilex Tire Shine provides a long-lasting, rich, silky sheen without the usual mess and sling. With its innovative color-matching technology, HydroSilex Tire Shine restores a brand-new appearance to worn tires.
- Microfiber Towels, 10 Pack - Professional grade and designed to avoid scratching the vehicle's paint during usage.
- Tire Shine Applicator - Contour Tire Applicator prevents chemical contact with the hands. The contoured handle conforms the foam to the surface of the tire.
Exterior Prep and Protection Kit
HydroSilex Recharge is the centerpiece of our product line and our flagship product. Recharge is the best ceramic coating for do-it-yourself enthusiasts.
HydroSilex Recharge generates a water-repellent protective surface layer.
- Can be put on top of an existing ceramic coating to preserve the surface.
- Our ceramic coating solution provides six months of protection.
- A ceramic shield that replaces outdated wax and sealants for your car's paint.
- A protection from the worst forces of nature.
- Rapid and simple application.
- Safe for use on all external surfaces and with paint protection film.
The HydroSilex Surface Prep Spray (Rewind) is a wax and grease remover appropriate for usage before applying HydroSilex ceramic coatings. For the ceramic coating to adhere correctly, the surface must be free of wax residue.
- Safe and efficient surface preparation
- Removes grease from coating surfaces
- Prepares the surface for coating.
- Strong on contaminants and paint
- Can be used alone as a cleaner
Interior Prep And Protection Kit
HydroSilex Interior Cleaner & Protection Kit combines the most advantageous aspects of both worlds. A highly thorough cleaning for inside plastic, leather, and vinyl surfaces, and our interior ceramic coating designed to condition and preserve all interior plastic, leather, and vinyl materials. This package combines cleaning and protection into a single product.
- Great for Leather Seats, Dash, and Door Panels
- All the Necessities to Maintain a New Interior
- Protect Your Interior Against Untimely Aging
- Maintains original factory sheen and polish while boosting color on all interior surfaces
- Soft on your inside, Tough on Dirt American-made
HydroSilex is a one stop shop for all the best car detailing products on the market. We have many years of experience in forming high-quality products to help car owners maintain their vehicles. Visit our website at https://www.hydrosilex.com/ to choose the best materials for car owners.